Winterization Photos Checklist
The following pictures serve as evidence that you have performed a property winterization. This photo checklist may need modification to accomodate special requirements of some companies.
Take The Following Winterization Photos
- Main water valve off at curb or inside as applicable – some companies require that the shutoff valve be padlocked or secured with a nylon strap. If appropriate include the locking device in the photo.
- If required by the work order and allowed by the water provider, disconnect the water meter and take a photo. The photo should also show that the water supplies that were disconnected have been properly sealed.
- Drain hose connected to water heater
- Water draining from hose into drain or lawn
- If this is a wet winterization, take photo of drain hose connected to boiler and water being draining into drain or lawn.
- Electric power switch to water heater and boiler switch in off position
- If gas instead of electric, photo of gas valve at water heater and boiler in off positions.
- Winterization stickers or warning signs as specified by company on water heater and boiler.
- Close up of compressor connection to the main water line
- Close up of compressor pressure gauge that shows the PSI of pressure used to blow water from water lines.
- Close up of compressor pressure gauge on compressor that shows the PSI of pressure used for water supply line pressure test.
- Electric panel circuit breakers taped in the off position.
- Winterization stickers or warnings signs on electrical panel as specified by company.
- Toilet bowls and water closets (tanks) completely free of water and feces.
- Anti-freeze as it is poured into toilet tanks and bowls.
- Toilet tanks and bowls after anti-freeze poured in.
- Toilet bowl lids taped shut. Some companies specify a particular tape or wrapping material.
- Winterization stickers or warning signs as specified by company on front window and front door.